The Friendly Phjotographer

It seems every week I encounter a situation that leads to me writing a blog, or just maybe I am more aware because I need material for my blog... Oh well either way works.
On Sunday morning, again ... I got up early for a sunrise photo-shoot... this is so not like me; probably why the weather has been so cold. Never the less, we arrive at our location and noticed a photographer taking landscape photographs of the sunrise over the sea. Not thinking anything of it, our model couple arrived and we started getting set up to shoot. What was nice to see is this photographer came over and introduced himself and started asking questions on what we doing;... okay... at this point it may not sound strange, so I'm going to digress into why this was different.
In my years of photography, I have found some photographers to be very guarded and secrete, not willing to get involved and not will to help. Having been one of those at one point I realized its because they want to keep their secretes safe, so that no one else can learn it and steal it, "You have to work hard and earn that knowledge". This was one of my most frustrating obstructions when I was growing as a photographer, you would go out with a group of photographers on a "Photo Trip" and learn nothing because no one wanted to share.
On this shoot this photographer was so friendly and keen on helping and learning what was happening, I was more than happy you let him, although I didn't really share much... not because I didn't want to but because I was so cold from standing in the cold sea water. But it was fun to be able to share my shoot and experience with another photographer, who by the way turns out to be a good photographer.
I suppose the take away point is that, during your growth as a photographer you are going to encounter the "IM TO GOOD" photographers, and that's fine. Just keep pushing and trying to meet other photographers, don't be shy to interact and ask questions. You will find those photographers that are confident enough in their work and style that they are more than happy to share and help you grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASE! Just let us know

"That Photo"

Your Photo's in a Day